Camp ZinZanni is a series of summer workshops offered to Seattle area children ages 4-17. Students learn the basics of circus arts and character development through sessions with some of the world’s greatest circus artists. Camp ZinZanni has also partnered with other cultural and educational institutions such as the Pacific Science Center, the School for Acrobatics and New Circus Arts (SANCA), Seattle Children’s Theatre, the Seattle Repertory Theatre and the Seattle International Film Festival.
Each camp includes:
- Workshops by Teatro ZinZanni’s resident artists, designers and technicians that illustrate how a performer’s skills help define character.
- Performances by our show’s cast members.
- Classes in circus disciplines, theatre, improv, and clowning.
- Receive hands-on instruction from some of the world’s most amazingly skilled performers.
- Learn the basics of circus arts.
- Put new skills into a theatrical context. Learn that “Theatre is Communication” and “the other person” always matters. Campers will work with partners and will establish social relationships.
- Gain knowledge of European and American Circus and Clowning.
- Have the opportunity to feel successful, confident, and self-aware.
- Get off the couch! Camp ZinZanni is a physical camp – your child will be physically and mentally active.
- Participate in a student presentation (on the last day of camp) for family and friends under our red velvet spiegeltent.
- Camp t-shirt and materials
- $25 per person off to Teatro ZinZanni (Restrictions apply).
- Morning and afternoon snacks
Withdraw by April 1 and receive a full refund. Withdraw by June 15 and receive a 50% refund. After June 15, no refund.